THE Malaysian Football League (MFL) have given the green light to 16 M-League teams so far to start non-contact training.
The teams are UiTM FC, Selangor, Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT), Terengganu, Perak, Melaka, Felda United, Kedah (Super League), Negri Sembilan, Selangor II, JDT II, TFC II, Penang, Kuching FA, Perak II and Kuala Lumpur
MFL chief executive Datuk Ghani Hassan said the teams had met all requirements for the approval.
Among the things teams have to submit to MFL are the Covid-19 test results and proposed training grounds that have been sanitised and disinfected.
The first phase of training (non-contact) started on June 15.
“The first phase of training will be the benchmark for teams.
“If everything goes well, Phase Two of training will commence after that.
“Teams have been adhering to the standard operating procedures (SOPs) in place for training,” said Ghani in a statement yesterday.
The M-League, if the number of Covid-19 cases remains low, will restart in August or September.
Meanwhile, Ghani said Super League side PJ City FC have met all requirements except for
confirming their training ground.
Super League’s Pahang, Police and Sabah, and Premier League’s Kelantan, Kelantan United, UKM FC and Sarawak United have yet to submit their applications for non-contact training.
“We hope teams will be ready if we get the approval to start the
M-League in August.
“If we get the August restart, the fixtures will not be too tight. Teams will have more time to prepare for matches.
“Furthermore, it will give more room for the national team to prepare for the pre-World Cup in October,” Ghani added.