MFL in no hurry

THE Malaysian Football League (MFL) said they would not force M-League teams to resume training this month after only several clubs submitted the required documents in line with the standard operating procedure (SOP).

The government has decided that the 24 teams from the M-League (Super and Premier divisions) can start non-contact training soon if they submit paperwork that comply with Covid-19 preventive measures.

MFL chief executive officer Datuk Ab Ghani Hassan said only Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT), Selangor, Selangor II, UiTM and Negri Sembilan had submitted documents in line with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).

He said Terengganu FC and TFC II submitted their documents yesterday, and have yet to get clearance.

Premier League side Negri Sembilan became the first team to resume training last Tuesday after the M-League was suspended three months ago.

Ghani is happy to note that there are no Covid-19 cases among the teams, and he said this is due to MFL’s early response in postponing the M-League.

Last week, the MFL outlined four main aspects that teams need to comply with before they can resume training.

They were told it is mandatory to name a closed field area for training and for the place to be registered with the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).

All the players must undergo swab tests while every team must appoint coordinator to monitor the implementation of the SOP.

 

Related posts